There is a catch – Commerical CDN’s like Akamai and Limelight are not cheap at all. Good news, we have an exception however – the free, P2P-based CoralCDN allows us to take full advantage of a powereful CDN without spending a dime. How to use it? Well, basically, just append `.nyud.net` to the hostname of any URL, and that URL will be handled by Coral – simple.
If you are paying bandwidth fee, this plugin hopefully helps with your bills. Even if you don’t, enabling it may save your site in peak times.
- Just enable the plugin and call it done – no extra steps required!
- You can exclusively select the content types to be served through CoralCDN – currently supporting JS, CSS, images, inline background images, and <object>’s
- Additional URL’s can be added as includes or excludes
- Debug mode gives you a good preview to make sure nothing goes wrong
- Works normally with other plugins. Especially useful if run along with WP Super Cache
- AJAX’ed admin section makes it quick and easy to adjust the settings
- Download the plugin
- Extract into a folder
- Upload the entire to `wp-content/plugins/` directory of your WordPress installation
- Enable it via Plugins panel
- It should now work out of the box. If you want to tweak it a bit, head to Settings->Free CDN
FAQ and History
Head to the plugin’s Codex page.
Demo and Download
I’ve brought the demo site down after switching to WPWebHost Sorry for that.